The film begins with a group of vampires unearthing Dominic Purcell who plays dracula. At the same time, the vampires also set up Blade to get him arrested by the human authorities. This leads to Whilster's death, and Blade meeting up with the Nightstalkers. Together they battle against Dracula and his ilk. In the end they're successful at creating a virus to destroy all vampires, though it seems uncertain that it spreads beyond the confines of the building it was originally dispersed in. Dracula also states that Blade is the future of the vampire race even though they don't seem to know it.
Things we learn about vampires in this movie:
- Dracula was the first vampire.
- Dracula was from ancient Samaria, approximately 6,000 years ago.
- Dracula can go in the sun even though other vampires cannot.
- Dracula can shape-shift.
- Vampires can make Pomeranian into vampires too.
- When a vampire gets a virus he immediately expunges a cloud of it into the air like smoke from a factory.